Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
For the role of Bid Lead, Balfour Beatty Rail is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who will be working with the bid team that supports our Regional Rail Business. The position requires the candidate to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a clear understanding of the market in which the Company operates, including an awareness of competitors and new initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, primarily managing bid proposals, leading estimates, and analyzing project plans and specifications to prepare cost estimates. This includes some technical writing for bids that require qualification proposals. Based out of Denver, CO and must be willing to travel frequently to our regional and area office locations across the country.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Must have 10+ years of civil bid lead / lead civil estimator experience.
- Knowledge of HCSS and/or CLI estimating software.
- Must be proficient in the standard MicroSoft Office Suite of products.
- Willing to travel greater than 50% of the time to various job-sites within the United States.
- Willing to relocate to Balfour Beatty Rail's Denver office, if not local to the Denver, Colorado area.
- A B.S. degree from a recognized university is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Local Candidate preferred, but not required.
- Experience with proprietary estimating software is also helpful.
- Must have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Must have good grammar and technical writing skills.
- Should have a good eye for details.
- Should be comfortable with understanding project plans and specifications.
- Must have good communication skills and interpersonal qualities.
- Must be able to work within a team and foster confidence in all.
- Should be comfortable in common computer applications.
- Should be comfortable in handling large files with confidential data.
Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.