Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings Account
401(k) with company match
Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. is an infrastructure contractor that excels at large, complex projects. Our projects include highways, bridges over land and water, tunnels, wastewater and potable water treatment plants and rail civils. The Alternative Delivery Group is a specialized division of Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, leading best-in-class proposal development for major alternative delivery projects (design-build, public-private-partnerships) across the US ranging from $150M to $1B+ in construction value.
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure’s Alternative Delivery Proposal Team is seeking a creative, motivated, and highly collaborative Proposal Manager to join our team based in Denver. You will be a part of our team developing best-in-class infrastructure, rail and water proposals with longer project duration's, allowing our team to successfully message and develop content for winning work.
We offer a role on our team that is truly diversified – you won’t do the same thing every day and you will excel at this position if you are a multi-tasker. Our team creates and develops qualifications and proposals, presentations and other deliverables, both print documents and electronic across multiple platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a high level of skill developing strong content and messaging to differentiate Balfour Beatty proposals, comfortable working InDesign, strong ability to organize and storyboard proposal content, a love of the industry and a talent for telling stories, great client service and impeccable organization skills.
- Lead multi-volume design-build proposals.
- Develop and manage proposal assignments, work with and provide direction to proposal coordinators and graphic designers to develop content.
- Coordinate with others to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring compliance with the client's request for proposals
- Manage the proposal schedule and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate the development of the technical proposal among team members by creating and maintaining the compliance matrix that assigns proposal tasks to individual contributors.
- Develop and implement the Proposal Work Plan to meet the owner’s RFP requirements and evaluation criteria.
- Lead the assembly of proposal documents in various software formats and work with others assembling proposal documents, in a professional manner.
- Write and edit project summaries, resumes of project personnel and other supporting information.
- Ensure proposal materials are compliant with the RFQ/RFP requirements.
- Assist in obtaining surety / bonding information and any required signature documents in coordination with Estimating Director.
- Coordinate with JV partners and subcontractors to obtain proposal information, narrative, forms and other documents.
- Draft proposal sections based on summary points or examples provided by others.
- Participate with project managers in the selection and recommendation of appropriate projects and personnel to be included in proposal, according to the request for proposal (RFP).
- Produce proposals, presentations and other marketing collateral in alignment with brand standards.
- Coordinate and multi-task while balancing deadlines.
- Proofread, edit and standardize proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension and style.
- Prepare presentation materials for client interviews.
- Maintain resources and information systems, update project information, resumes and image libraries.
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into helping when needed to support the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, or Communications.
- 5+ years of experience managing large ($150M+), proposals in the infrastructure industry, either on the construction or design side.
- Layout abilities with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Cloud.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must.
- In-Depth understanding of design-build and P3 pursuit process.
- Experience in all areas of proposal management, including the following:
- Developing agendas and leading and manage meetings
- Coordinating with large proposal teams as part of joint venture relationships
- Proposal strategy and messaging
- Managing writers and writing assignments
- Managing graphics/graphic designers
- Presentation development and preparation of presenters
- Detail and deadline driven (track all action items)
- Ability to design and layout documents
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Local qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong graphic communication and design skills.
- Exceptional communicator and action-oriented team player.
- Ability to manage multiple marketing efforts simultaneously, with constant attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and perform effectively under tight deadlines.
- Your organizational skills don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
- Commitment to client service.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.