Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Medical Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Rail is currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA. Estimated completion of the project is set for 2024. The project consists of electrifying a 52-mile corridor from San Francisco to San Jose; with construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track and rolling stock.
The team is currently seeking candidates to fill an Engineering Internship role. This role will undertake the day-to-day issues associated with work trains. Planning and implementing track access to the railway, to allow the construction team to carry out the work.
- Work under the direct supervision of a construction engineer to perform various assignments of an engineering nature, both technical and clerical.
- Receive Specific and detailed instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal statutes.
- Ability to understand and apply the requirements stated in the construction contract.
- Ability to maintain progress on several projects simultaneously, with attention to detail and deadlines.
Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.