Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida we are seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant. This role will provide high-level organization and administrative support to the Business Unit Leader/Senior Management in the Orlando office.
Manages and coordinates key administrative tasks (maintain executives’ and department’s schedules, composes complex and confidential correspondence, files; sends/receives surveys, processes executives’ expense reports, answers process questions, etc.).
Covers and screens executives’ phone lines, distributes messages and exercises judgment in independently handling requests as appropriate.
Sorts and distributes department mail, makes travel arrangements, completes expense reports and other correspondence and reports, department filing, monitors and orders supplies, etc.
Uses company standard software to independently develop reports, presentations, spreadsheets and correspondence. Assembles and distributes reports for internal and external customers.
Maintains departmental phone log and troubleshoots technology challenges.
Assists in coordinating various meetings and events including travel arrangements, meeting space and attendee communications, etc. May work with Administrative Assistants from other areas.
May attend functions and meetings to gather and furnish information.
Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information on behalf of executives.
May receive visits or calls regarding sensitive or complicated department complaints; routes information to appropriate representative to handle in a timely manner.
Coordinates and tracks key department functions, processes and programs.
Law firm billing assistance – matter set up and management.
Front desk coverage when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 4 or more years providing high level administrative support to senior management.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation software. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Management or related field preferred.
- 7 or more years providing high level administrative support to senior management.
- A/E/C industry experience helpful, but not required.
- Able to anticipate executive’s needs, make decisions and resolve issues in executive’s absence.
- Able to use time effectively based on key priorities; manage multiple projects.
- Able to communicate well and create effective customer-focused relationships with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Open to change and can learn quickly when faced with new opportunities and challenges.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines with composure, occasionally with incomplete information.
- Able to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.