Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida is seeking a Safety Health & Environmental Manager. This position is responsible for the implementation of the company’s safety and loss prevention programs. In addition, this role ensures job-site employees and subcontractors are trained in all safety programs and protocol, including federal/state regulations, in order to prevent accidents and/or injuries.
Coordinate and facilitate safety training and incentive programs, maintain statistical information on costs and frequency, perform accident investigations, manage safety personnel and consultants, including the following specific tasks:
- Jobsite visits/safety audits – frequency as dictated by project and/or project personnel
- Project safety start -up packets – new-hire packets, federal /state compliance materials, safety and workers compensation material.
- Review/assist superintendents with project specific safety plans.
- MSDS books – Provide sources for projects to obtain, ensure that projects have required information on-site.
- Accident investigations, including written reports.
- Addresses and provides resources and solutions for environmental and hazardous material issues and concerns.
- Safety training and tracking of said training, for project personnel.
- First aid training to ensure supervisors have required up-to-date first aid cards.
- Keeper of the site safety records.
- Oversees the site’s craft/hourly drug testing program.
- Represents the Company at meetings of safety professionals, alliances, associations, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Safety & Environmental Health or Construction Management/Engineering Degree.
- 5 years or more of commercial construction safety experience required.
- 2 years or more of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- OSHA 30 required.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer certification.
- Commercial construction safety experience.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.