Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
The primary function is to report the organization’s financial status by assisting in the preparation and analysis of financial plans, forecasts and reports. Provides direct accounting support to internal and external customers.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of the reconciliation of actual performance versus forecast/budget to the management team.
- Assists in determining and improving financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Assists in identifying risks and opportunities to budgets/plans.
- Assists with the month-, quarter- and year-end closings and distribution of financial statements.
- Provides a wide variety of customer service to management including: assembling and summarizing data and preparing financial reports.
- Performs special projects and analysis as directed by Financial Services management.
- Performs account reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Understands and ensures compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Understands and sets priorities so that daily, weekly and monthly financial deadlines are met.
- Performs AR/AP management for internal equipment company
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Strives to continually seek feedback and improve services/tools/department deliverables to internal customers
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in and supports company training programs and commits to self development.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred with 2 to 5 years of experience; or related equivalent work experience.
- Experience in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
- Understands financial statements and accounting relationships.
- High proficiency with Excel.
- Construction industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase or Oracle JD Edwards is a plus.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.