Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida is seeking a Carpenter. The Carpenter is responsible for a variety of tasks to maintain productivity at the job site. Activities are coordinated with the Project Manager and the Superintendent. The ideal candidate will be an all around handyman with skills in: drywall/patching, blocking/backing, concrete, painting, caulking, door installation, general clean-up and material handling.
- Constructing scaffold
- Performing rough formwork
- Constructing gang ladders
- Constructing slab box outs, set sleeves
- Layout and installation of wall blocking
- Installation of roof blocking
- Hanging and finishing drywall
- Floor leveling
- Patching patch hollow metal doors and frames (bondo)
- High school diploma preferred and on-the-job training required.
- A minimum of 5 years commercial construction field experience.
- Must be able to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of truck, tools, and equipment, and methods and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of reading blueprints.
- Door installation.
- General clean-up & Material handling.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.