Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, FL is seeking a qualified Senior Scheduler to join our team. The ideal candidate would display a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence, and the desire to work within a collaborative team environment. The Senior Scheduler will assist Business Development, Preconstruction, Operations, and Legal with preparation, development, and finalization of project schedules. Function as a project team member on schedule issues as necessary. Train and mentor operations personnel in scheduling matters and related policies, and provide the most accurate and complete scheduling information for new and ongoing business ventures.
- Manage and/or create conceptual (RFP), bidding (preconstruction) and final project schedules from preliminary and ongoing project information for marketing, preconstruction, and operations departments use.
- Attend job site meetings, work and meet with architects, engineers, subcontractors, owners, and contact and visit job sites in order to develop the project schedule.
- Develop standard and custom graphs and charts for site personnel to manage the project.
- Build and maintain a database of activity groups with as-built information for future use and reference.
- Train field and office personnel on scheduling software use and all scheduling issues including fragnets, value of reports, and ways to document project effects.
- Train field and office personnel on performing a Time Impact Analysis along with the monthly review of all pre-submitted Time Impact Analyses for each project.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure the baseline schedule submission is timely, complete, accurate, and in compliance with standard company procedures and the contract.
- Visit each assigned job site at least once per quarter or as necessary to assist with schedule maintenance and change order management.
- Participate in financial and legal project reviews as necessary to evaluate and mitigate any schedule risk in accordance with standard company procedures.
- Produce presentation quality schedules for business development, operations, and legal presentations.
- Build owner activities, project close-out activities, and activities from Technical Services and Safety Departments into all project schedules. As required.
- Develop documentation for claims - assist operations personnel in identifying situations where a claim is likely and take early steps to prevent these claims and/or defend the company and, as appropriate the owner, from these claims.
- Participate in meetings regarding project delay issues and suggest alternative means and methods of scheduling in order to recover the project’s progress as appropriate.
- Enforce and know the importance of maintaining the integrity of schedule logic.
- Ensure implementation of company policies and procedures for project scheduling.
- Prepare monthly schedule status report for project management and the Scheduling Manager.
- Prepare and maintain monthly billing schedule as required.
- Participate in job related associations and community-based organizations and associations to enhance the company’s image and position.
- Two years minimum field experience required with bachelors degree in Construction Management or 4 years or more of progressive equivalent work experience in the commercial construction field.
- 1 plus years required in Oracle P6 Professional / Optional Client modules version 8.1 – 15.2, Suretrak or similar scheduling software.
- Able to travel as needed to participate in schedule development, training, and marketing.
- Basic understanding of constructability issues and knowledge of techniques for baseline planning.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, etc. and advanced skills in scheduling software.
- Proficient with the generation and maintenance of cost and resource loaded schedules.
- Five years minimum field experience required with bachelors degree in Construction Management or 8 years or more of progressive equivalent work experience in the commercial construction field.
- 3 plus years required in Oracle P6 Professional / Optional Client modules version 8.1 – 15.2, Suretrak or similar scheduling software.
- AACE - PSP or PMI certification is a plus. Certification and membership to AACE is paid by BBC.
- Able to gain trust and support of others, encourages collaboration, is cooperative and seen as a team player.
- Able to proactively manage claim avoidance and navigate adversarial sub/owner situations.
- Able to effectively and proactively communicate in a variety of settings and styles; can gain new skills, knowledge and technical abilities quickly.
- Able to create and manage related assignments and schedules based on key priorities of assigned projects while adjusting for roadblocks and evaluating results.
- Energetic, works hard to meet challenges and deadlines while maintaining commitment to quality and developing others to meet/exceed internal and external customers’ needs.
- Creative and innovative in planning and troubleshooting; able to focus on small details and the overall picture.
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge and skills while striving to learn new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.