As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Reimbursement Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty in partnership with Fluor have been awarded the $1.7B I-635 LBJ East project in Dallas. Pegasus Link Constructors is a fully integrated joint venture made up of Fluor and Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. with over 17 years of experience working together.
We are currently seeking candidates to fulfill a Paving Superintendent role. This position is responsible for effectively managing all field resources, including providing overall direction and guidance to field superintendents and foreman; in collaboration with project engineers, construction managers and project managers for the concrete paving scope.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and direct the work of assigned crews
- Confirm that Foremen and craftsmen are trained and knowledgeable of the work procedures
- Maintain and enforce the project’s quality requirements and standards
- Maintain good working relationships with the subcontractors on the project
- Support project and construction management with planning and utilization
- Monitor the work activities schedules and manpower requirements to meet established completion dates with optimized productivity
- Approve or authorize the coordination of craft personnel, material and equipment needed to meet schedules
- Actively participated in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
- 5 years of experience with overseeing concrete paving; specifically with Continually Reinforced Concrete is required
- Experience with planning, coordinating and supervising self-perform crews for hand and machine pours on large scale projects is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers, client, vendors, subcontractors and visitors
- TxDOT experience preferred
- Experience within Heavy Civil Highway and/or Bridge construction projects is required
- Design Build Experience is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.