Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty in partnership with Fluor has been awarded the $1.7B I-635 LBJ East project in Dallas. Pegasus Link Constructors is a fully integrated joint venture made up of Fluor and Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. with over 17 years of experience working together. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. The project is a design-build construction project that will improve the capacity and operational efficiency for the portion of I-635 north and east of Dallas, from east of U.S. Highway 75 to I-30.
We are currently seeking candidates to fulfill a Wall Superintendent role. This position oversees the duties involving heavy highway construction activities including MSE walls, Cast In Place walls, and Soil Nail walls. Successfully manage new construction, maintenance, and repair of structures by completing project on time and under budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor the schedule by regularly reviewing milestones and providing consistent solutions to a wide variety of challenges and multiple, simultaneous projects. Communicate and collaborate with management for schedule changes.
- Provide oversight to the work planning process including upcoming machinery needs, personnel requirements, road closures, and work in progress updates.
- Review work schedules, provide solutions for potential time delays, and implement strategies to meet milestones on time.
- Monitor work production and budget continuously while providing solutions to keep costs down and construction activities moving in the right direction.
- Interact with outside consultants, customers, and subcontractors by sharing new and relevant information in an effective, professional manner.
- Enforce company standards related to work ethics, quality, and other company policies within the work group.
- Supervise, manage and direct the hiring, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel.
- Understand and ensure that contractual requirements including local, state and federal regulations are followed.
- Monitor and communicate equipment utilization and upcoming needs; order material and tools as needed.
- Provide insight to Project Managers for schedule changes and resource allocation.
- Plan and organize crew member activities.
- Read and understand prints and project documents related to the constructions of heavy highway and civil structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with highway bridge construction including MSE walls, Cast In Place walls, Soil Nail walls and/or other related work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers, client, vendors, subcontractors and visitors.
- TxDOT construction experience preferred.
- Design Build Experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.